Well Talia is in the stage of being a princess and I have been wanting to get her some dress-up stuff for a while, but I just haven't. Usually, her princess atire includes just wrapping one of her blankets around herself like a dress. I was going through some old stuff and found an old swimming suit. Talia gasped and said, "Mama, princess!" I didn't really want her to wander around the house in that, so I had to really look around and what else I had that she would think was better than a swimsuit. My mom had bought me this kind of maternity shirt when I was pregnant with Talia, but I've never worn it. (Sorry mom) It has beads and sequence on the neckline and along the wrists and comes with a belt with the same stuff. So as you can see, I put it on her, tied an old scarf around her waist to keep it up, and the used the belt as the "princess hat." She wouldn't take it off for the rest of the day!

It is so fun to see her use her imagination as she gets older. Her new favorite thing is to pretend she is different animals or people. All day long she kept telling me, "Mama, it's me Princess"

Then the next day, I went to the grocery store and they had all the dress-up on clearance! Now I had no exscuse. So I finally gave in and bought her a princess dress. She already had the crown and high-heeled shoes thanks to aunt Angie. As soon as she put this outfit on she told me, "Mama, it's me, princess "I know you!"" and she would hold up her skirt and twirl around. Princess "I know you" for those of you who may not know, is Sleeping Beauty. Take yourselves back to the movie, that is the song she sings about the prince. "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream......." Anyway, that's all she knows. She doesn't say sleeping beauty or rose or aurora. She just calls her, "I know you. So all day long she was princess "I know you."












By the end of the day, the little lace layer was already coming off the bottom, oh well.








I've been meaning to blog for a while, but just haven't, no exscuses here really. I have really been wanting to put up a picture of my belly. But I didn't want to put up a picture of me in my sweats. So every time I go to the dr, and actually get dressed I have been meaning to take a picture, but I never seem to get around to it, before I change back into my sweats! As you san see according to my counter, I should be getting super close right? Well that has my due date as the 15th, but my Dr. said my due date was actually probably closer to the 20th. I didn't believe him and have kept in my head the 15th! Well there has been no change in the last 3 weeks, so I guess I have to stick it out an extra 5 days!!!! Grrrr! I have another appointment on Thursday, so I guess we'll see if there is any news. Maybe I'll get a belly picture up then, but don't hold your breath!


2 comments:

Hope said...

I've been wondering if you've had your baby and haven't had time to post yet, (or call me for that matter). I was about to call you last night to just check, but I ALWAYS forget if it's later or earlier, and I don't want to call too late. Anyway, I hope you are just feeling well and sorry you have to wait an extra five days. (I'd be ticked too) I LOVE YOU GIRL!

Sarah Smith said...

She is so qt! KashaLynn has just started doing that too but haven't got her anything! 5 more days when your prego is like 2 weeks good luck hope all is well keep us updated! love ya